Trash is picked up every Tuesday for The Town of Topeka. (Holidays may affect the pick-up day.) This service is at no cost for residence within the Topeka Town limits. The town’s current vendor for trash is Borden Waste.
Recycling is offered at no charge to the Topeka Town residence behind the Fastlane Gas Station. Please see Borden Waste’s listing of recycled material listed below.
Acceptable Items For Recycling
- Corrugated cardboard
- Boxboard, cereal boxes, paper towel rolls
- Paper bags
- Mixed office paper & file folders
- Newspapers, advertising inserts
- Magazines, junk mail, phone books
- Soft cover books
- Hard cover books w/ cover removed
- Aluminum cans, foil, pie tins
- Tin, steel, bi-metal cans
- Plastics #1-#7
- Glass Jars & Bottles (colored & clear)
Once a year the Town of Topeka will have a town-wide-clean-up. (The town does not pick items up, residence take items to the below location)
LOCATION: Behind Fastlane (Phillips 66) Gas Station north of recycle bins.
This clean-up is for the residents of Topeka that live in the town limits.
No trash will be accepted from outside of the Town limits.
The Town WILL accept:
- General Trash
- We will accept all appliances. $25.00 Charge for appliances that has or had freon.
- $5.00 each passenger car and light duty truck up to 16”
- $5.00 each Heavy-duty truck tires over 17”
- $10.00 each Farm tractor tires and Semi tires
The Town of Topeka WILL NOT ACCEPT:
- FLAMMABLE MATERIALS
- PROPANE BOTTLES & TANKS
- TOXIC MATERIAL
- MOTOR OIL